Atlin, BC - my summer home.  

Monday, June 1, 2009

I've spent the two weeks since returning from Chile job hunting for mineral exploration work, and with seemingly every inquiry I made resulting in a reply of "sorry, we don't have financing for a field program this season", I was about to give up looking and start a summer job in the city when the call came in to send me north. I was on a plane for Whitehorse 3 days later - gotta love the go-go-go nature of this industry. I should be here til August, but there's really no telling for sure, and I'll likely be on the road on just a few short days notice, as usual.

I was pleasantly surprised on the flight up to make a flyby of my final destination, the small town of Atlin, BC. I lived here when I was a little kid, and the last time I visited was in 1998. I snapped a photo of the town, the lake, Atlin Mountain and Teresa Island from the plane:

DSC_6993

Many photos to come over the next few months, as I roam the hills looking for gold (and photo-ops, of course). I still need to post some of my RAW edits from South America - maybe tomorrow.




1 comments: to “ Atlin, BC - my summer home.

  • Unknown
    June 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

    Wow....beautiful pictures! Crazy...I lived in Atlin when I was alot younger too! How I came across your name and your photography was from Helene Cyr's site. Would you please post some pictures of Atlin?