Goat!  

Thursday, August 16, 2007

About a month ago, I wrote in one of my posts that I never see any wildlife in the field, and had to settle on shooting spiders instead. Well, today I got lucky and happened upon an elusive mountain goat, but I sure wish I had a longer lens for wildlife shots. The first image is a 3 megapixel crop; the second, 6. Please, Pentax... hurry up with that DA* 300 4.0 (and send one my way...)!

Soon after taking these photos, the goat saw me and vanished over the edge of a cliff. I should've taken a photo of his hoof prints afterwards, trailing off over what seemed to me to be a death drop to the Ted Morris valley below...

Both photos taken with my K10D / DA 50-200, converted from PEF in Lightroom


1 comments: to “ Goat!

  • Anonymous
    September 6, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

    Wow, you were very lucky to get that shot of the mountain goat. And I totally hear ya about the longer lens for wildlife photography. I too am an amateur photographer and I also use Pentax equipment. I have a Pentax istD as well as an MZ6. My lenses are 18-55, 28-80 and 75-300. I mostly take scenery photos but I love taking wildlife also. I am heading to BC later this month and maybe I'll get lucky and see a mountain goat too!!