Spider Macro  

Monday, July 16, 2007

I seem to have the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) luck in the bush when it comes to wildlife: I don't see a damn thing. As a result, I've resorted to taking photos of arachnids to satisfy my weekly wildlife quota. This particular spider is seen dangling from the leaves of the ever-tender Devil's Club (which I'll be sure to devote an entry to at some point this summer). Both shots were taken with my K10D / DA 50-200, which isn't actually a "macro" lens; it's minimum focusing distance is 1.1m away, throughout the focal range. I found myself wanting to get much closer to my subject here... perhaps a true macro lens is something to add to my kit in the near future? At any rate, what the DA 50-200 lacks in macro capabilities, it makes up for with butter-smooth bokeh.


1 comments: to “ Spider Macro

  • beckie
    July 19, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

    So I found you on facebook and I really like this first spider picture. I think it is so beautiful. Don't be sad you don't see wildlife in the bush because you have made something totally missable, eye catching.

    Lovely